CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Saturday after Thanksgiving we headed up to Heise to find our Christmas tree.
Our friends the Freed's came with us and were searching for their own tree.
The kids were excited to have some friends come with us.
I have learned over the last couple of years that when we go and pick out our tree it is not the most perfect tree, but for us it is the experience that is the best. Hiking around the hill looking for a tree. You know with the kids bundled up and screaming cuz it is cold and they want to go back and sit in the car--and mom not being able to hold all the little hands. It is a priceless experience. So here is the tree we picked before we cut it down.
The boys all took a turn sawing the tree trunk
Dragging the tree down the hill and back to the truck Hattie and Logan hiking back to the truck.

Here we are with the tree on the truck ready to go home. {the extra person is our nephew Jaden} So Russell, Joy, Andrew, Brinton, Brock, Jaden, Breanna, Hattie, and Logan

And here is the final product. Decorated with lights and decorations.
Surely helps bring the Christmas spirit into our home.

4 comments:

The Freed Family said...

Your tree looks good. I should have let decorate ours. I think I like the ribbon better than the tinsel. Thanks for letting us tag along and showing us the ropes.

Mrs. KIR said...

pretty!

Anonymous said...

Wow what an experience. We will be repeating what you did only tomorrow. I hope it's not too cold for everyone. It is a tradition full of nostalgia. Your tree looks great!

Natalie said...

The tree looks beautiful and it looks like you had fun regardless of the cold. I would love to do something like that.