CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Day Home

We made it home. It was nice to have nurses take care of me around the clock--and especially to take the baby so I could sleep just a little--but it is even nicer to be able to walk around, sit in my own comfy couches and bed. Andrew slept most of the day and I was worried that he would want to be awake all night. He did wake up plenty to eat but went to sleep after each feeding. It will take a few days to get into a routine. Here he is....

What a CUTIE!!


After a few visitors, a nap, and dinner the kids were playing outside while Russell was working on his motorbikes. I was in the house keeping an eye on the baby and I heard a scream from Hattie--one that you know something is wrong. Russell ran in and said he needed a towel. So, I got a couple wet washclothes and ran outside. Hattie was bleeding--it was all over her shirt. Russell informed me that she had a big gash on her chin and he would have to take her into REDI-CARE for stitches!!! So we got them in the car and away they went.

{she had been riding a scooter and hit a bump and fell of the scooter--she must have just hit the concrete hard enough that it split her chin open}

She came home with 5 stitches, a jamba juice, a bouncy ball, and a smile on her face. What a tough girl.


What a first day home!!

7 comments:

JulieJ said...

Why does the exciting stuff always happen the first day home? He is sure cute.

Unknown said...

Poor Hattie!

Welcome home little Andrew!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

And so the world moves on - completely oblivious to the serenity you feel as that baby is placed in your arms. He is BEAUTIFUL! I hope you get a few quiet minutes every day to hold him - you know between the ER visits and bleaching bloody towels and chasing running children and...

Hey! If I get stitches will Russel buy me a Jamba?

Tina said...

He is sweet. I want to munch him, which is always the sign of a perfect baby :)
Poor Hattie, I am honestly amazed that has yet to happen to Q...or him lose a toe for not wearing shoes...

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

He is adorable! I can't wait to come and hold him.

Darlene said...

Congatulations--- he is beautiful..
Love you. Garry & Darlene

Darlene said...

I need to correct the spelling on
CONGRATULATIONS, but I don't know how to get back to edit it???