CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Miscellaneous Post

A few weeks ago I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bowls. Well I made them for our FHE treat. They didn't turn out the best and I would change a few things if I do it again. But it was fun for the kids to eat the bowl that their ice cream was in!!






ANDREW's Blessing Day
















Just pondering the words his dad said in the blessing! :)



Grandma & Grandpa Anderson



Grandpa & Grandma Taylor




TRIP TO YELLOWSTONE


Starting way back in April or May of this year we told our kids we would take them to Yellowstone to see Old Faithfull. Well with me being pregnant and Russell's Alaska trip and all the other summer stuff--we didn't really get a summer trip to Yellowstone. We got a fall trip. It was beautiful weather until the day before we left and then it got really cold.


We decided to make it a three day trip so the kids didn't have to be in the car for so long.
Don't get me wrong we were in the car for a great part of the trip but we also had some time to hang out in our hotel and were able to swim in the pool a few times.
We stopped at the fish place by Warm river, Lower Mesa Falls,
Upper Mesa Falls, and Big Springs. You will notice the winter coats and hats.
It really was that cold!!




Look closely and you will see the fish in the water at Big Springs

The second day we went into the Park.
We saw some Elk, a Bald Eagle, Bison, and a lot of Hot Pots.
These are the Fire Hole Falls


What a cute and such a good traveler








Looking out at Shoshone Lake

Then on the third day we drove home.
We drove home the long way--through the park and then through Jackson
Not to self--don't do this with the kids again UNLESS it is warmer and we can get out of the car a few more times for longer periods of time.

But the scenery was beautiful

AND FINALLY...
a baby getting bigger
Andrew was 14 lbs at his 2 month check up.
At least 3 lbs bigger than his brothers and sisters were at this age.
Which means he can graduate out of his cradle
{since he is growing out of it anyway}
and into his crib!!

1 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

HOLY COW! That was like drinking from a firehose! I guess that's what happens when you update your blog once a year. Just kidding. I missed you! Andrew looks like a good BIG baby. He is darling. How is it having six - since I will never know (there is NO crying here just in case you were wondering!).

I'm glad your family had a great time in Yellowstone and even more glad that they DIDN'T have a great time in the car - or else I would be wondering about my kids. We can't go to Walmart without complaining about how long it takes. Oh, wait, that might be me that is complaining.

Glad you are alive! Congrats on the blessing. I loved the "Pensive Andrew" picture. He looks like a deep thinker.