The end of the year is a love-hate relationship for a mother. It means that the kids are going to be home all day long--all summer long. It also means that I am a little older and so are each of my children. However on the bright side....it means that we have approximately 3 months of being able to sleep in, stay up late, watch movies, go to the park, go camping, go swimming, and all of the other fun summer activities. It is the time of the year when it seems great to give up the routine of going to school--but we will look forward to a schedule come August!!
This year the end of the year festitivies included Breanna's Kindergarten graduation. They sang some songs and then were handed out awards. She had Mrs. Amy Taylor for her teacher this year (lucky to have an aunt be her teacher :)




Another activity that we were able to attend was Brock's 1st grade class. They did three little plays--The Little Red Hen, Jack and the Beanstalk, and The Enormous Turnip. Br
ock was the Duck in the Little Red Hen."Not I, I am swimming in the pond--Quack Quack"
He did a great job along with all of his classmates.
Brinton also did a great job in school this year, He received an award for accomplishing 106 accelerated math points--MATH ROCKS!! (he puts this on the top of all his math homework)
and finally today has come--the last day of school! They were so excited--up, dressed. hair combed, and breakfast eaten-- out the door they go to greet their friends and have their last day as a kindergartener, 1st grader, and 4th grader. Look out summer here we come!! (If the weather decideds to cooperate.)




2 comments:
Don't you just love the end of school? I am SO looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!
Whoo hoo, you're blogging! Check my family out on our blog!
How did you get those pictures of my kids with yours....you must have gone out to the bus stop this morning?? I laughed when I read this becase I pretty much had this conversation (the love/hate talk about school ending and beginning) with Diane today!
Post a Comment