CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mommy Tag

1. What time do your kids wake up?? Well Brinton is the earliest riser waking up any time between 6:30 and 7:00 am. Brock is more of a sleeper in but is usually up by about 7:15. Breanna wakes up about 7:15 as well. Then depending on how quiet it is Hattie wakes up--usually 7:40. Logan wakes up when he is ready and that could be anytime between 7:00 and 8:00. This is probably soon to change with summer coming. Brinton will still wake up first and the other children will probably sleep in a little.


2. On a good night, what time do the kids go to bed?? On a good night, all of the children are in bed or reading around 8:15, and Logan is usually the last to go into bed. With summer coming that will change, but even still they will be in bed by 9:30--I hope.

3. How many years have I been a mom? 10 years and a little.

4. How old was I when I became a mom? 22 years old. Is that a trick question to find out how old I am??

5. What is my favorite kid movie?? I like a lot of kids movies. I do enjoy most of the Disney movies. Some of the top ones are Toy Story, Cars, The Love Bug. One other movie I like is The Little Rascals. But the last few weeks my children have been obsessed with the Indiana Jones movies and I like those too!!

6. What is my least favorite kid show?? Well, I don't like Word Girl-- I think it is quite odd. I don't really like Thomas the Train or The Little Eisteins. What ever happened to great Saturday morning cartoons like the Smurfs???

7. Favorite Chore? I think that my favorite chore is vacuuming. Who could say that the toilets, or the never ending kitchen duty, or the never ending basket of laundry?? I guess I don't love doing chores but I do endure them!!

8. What is my favorite meal to cook? I love to cook something new and have everyone like it. I love to BBQ and have a little less mess in the kitchen. But my most favorite meal to cook is when I invite our family over to eat with my mom. She is the best cook--it always tastes better over there.

9. What is the meal most often cooked? TACO's anytime I ask the kids what they want for dinner it is always tacos. We have tacos at least once a week. Even if we had it yesterday--the kids would still want it today.

10. What is my kids favorite meal?? Refer to question 9.

11. What is my favorite thing that Russell does with the kids? I love it when he spends time with them--whether it is rolling on the floor laughing, going for a bike ride, or playing kick ball in the back yard. My kids know that their dad loves them. He is great with them.




12. What are 5 things that as a mom make me smile? When my kids hug and kiss me, when they play nicely with each other, when we can all as a family have fun, when they say something that you thought they didn't catch the first time you said it but all of a sudden they are telling their friends, when they are posing for pictures.

13. Where do I want to take my kids one day? I would like to take them on a Disney Cruise. It was fun going to Disneyland, but cruising is also fun. I think that would be great.

14. When was the last time Russell and I went out without the kids?? Let's see -- On May 18th we went to a work dinner for Russell. It was hosted by MVH for all of the doctors in town and some of the MVH employees. They had it at the Museum of Idaho. There were appetizers, drinks and then a great dinner. We got to dress up in our cocktail attire and visit with all who attended. It was pretty fun.

15. Name one thing you said you would never do as a mom?? I am sure that at one point I told my mom that I would never tell my kids no. However now as a much older and wiser person--I understand that sometimes no is the best answer.

16. What favorite pasttimes do you have with your children? Bike rides, visting grandma's and grandpa's house, movie night, going camping



17. What is a favorite quality that my mom has? She is always willing to jump in and help--she is a hard worker and has taught this to me well.




18. What is a scary or heartbreaking moment you've had? Last May, Brock came home from kindergarten and I was hurrying to make mac and cheese for the kids before I needed to go to the school and help with the end of year carnival. Well, Brock thought that he would help and he climbed up on a cooler and tried to get the hot dogs out of the microwave--well he slipped and fell, then the water and noodles (boiling hot) fell down on him. He had a tank top on. It burned him down his arm and on the back of his leg. Russell happened to be home for lunch. I put some cold water in the tub and put Brock in the water--then I took some towels and got them wet and put them on the burned area. Well--I rushed off to Redicare. As I was backing up-I ran over the neighbors mailbox. Totally cracked it in half. We made it to Redicare and they put ointment on him and wrapped up his arm. The worst part was listening to him cry. It was one of those cries that make you hurt. I knew that he was hurting badly. Well, we had to go into WoundCare at the hospital for the next 30 days--at first every day and then every other day to have them clean and wrap the wound again. He was such a brave little boy. It was very scary-- Brock doesn't like to help me cook mac and cheese anymore--he doesn't really like to eat it much since then either.

19. When was the last time your kids told you "I love you"? I waited all day yesterday to see if my kids said "I love you" to me. They really didn't. I was starting to feel a little sad but then as I put them to bed and tucked them in, they did tell me. I guess it is more of a bedtime routine but they did say it.

20. Advice for new mom's.....Remember that even if the house is a mess and there are a million chores to do--if your child asks you to sit down and read a story, watch a movie, or go outside to catch a baseball--- IT IS OK!! I have a hard time with this myself...but I know that it means alot to them to have you take time out and spend some time with them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

joy---great job on the blog sight! i love it! however,--i did not like the mac and cheese story at all---i will probably have nightmares over that one--i am so gald brock is okay!!! i am telling you, this mommy business is tough stuff!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

I didn't like the mac and cheese story either...even though I had heard it and saw Brock when it happened. I teared up seeing the pictures and reading about it again. That would be sooo scary!
Oh, I love your blog. It looks great.

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is great, its fun to read whats going on since our yards keep in touch but we never seem to.