
Looking for the perfect camp spot
At the first spot--we stopped for maybe five minutes and in that five minutes Breanna fell in the creek. And the good mom I am didn't have any of the older kids bring any extra clothes (we were only staying for one night) So she borrowed some of Hattie's panties and put on her pajamas and had to wait until the next morning to wear her shoes. 

This was the second spot Russell found. He thought it would be fun to put everything on the fourwheeler and take it across this little creek. Everyone voted NO
Finally the tent is set up
We went on our first camping trip of the season last weekend. You know how camping goes. It takes 5 hours to get ready to go--then gone for about 1 day---and then there is the 5 hour clean-up and then the loads of laundry for a few more days. It was a lot of work but we did have a great time. We went up to Heise, we took the four wheeler and the motor bikes. Jay and Janae and their family went with us. It was fun. Really it was--even with all of the work. The kids had a blast. But for mom and dad we will be camping at least two nights next time--so the amount of fun is more than the amount of work.
Logan was pretty cute. He like the fresh air and loved playing in the dirt. 

Friday Thoughts: Midsummer Survival
4 days ago


2 comments:
You don't make me want to go too bad.
what braveness you have my dear Joy! my husband has to take the kids alone--I hate to camp---weird since paul loves it, I know, but too much of it as a kid ruined me:)--no, I hated it back then as well. I am glad you had a good time and hope the next two day adventure is just as great!
Post a Comment