Today Hattie had two cavities filled--she did awesome!! She told everyone she was going to the dentist to get the cavity bugs out. She is all ready with her headphones on --watching Sponge Bob!!
So when Logan was about 2 weeks old--Hattie decided that she wanted to go potty on the toilet. Well....I couldn't handle it. So, we continued buying diapers. (Garfield ones at that) After preschool was over, I decided that she was ready and I was ready so it was time to b
e potty trained. Going pee was easy--she didn't have any accidents and she was able to keep dry all night from day one. Going poop was another story. So last Friday we went to Toys R Us and bought a pack of 4 princess polly pockets. She was going to earn them by going potty. Well the first 3 days she would poo in her panties and then run up to me and say "Mom, I went poo can I play with my polly pockets??" The answer was always when you poo in the toilet :) Well--Monday she earned Ariel!! Yeah Hattie. And each day since she has earned the other three princesses. I knew that once she figured it out she would have it. The other part of the story is that she wanted to call daddy each day after she earned her doll. This picture is when she called her dad. (Can't you just see the excitement in her eyes!!) The best part of the conversation is when she said, "Dad, I just squeezed the poo out of my tummy into the toilet!!" If all kids were this easy to potty train--I could probably have a few more :)
e potty trained. Going pee was easy--she didn't have any accidents and she was able to keep dry all night from day one. Going poop was another story. So last Friday we went to Toys R Us and bought a pack of 4 princess polly pockets. She was going to earn them by going potty. Well the first 3 days she would poo in her panties and then run up to me and say "Mom, I went poo can I play with my polly pockets??" The answer was always when you poo in the toilet :) Well--Monday she earned Ariel!! Yeah Hattie. And each day since she has earned the other three princesses. I knew that once she figured it out she would have it. The other part of the story is that she wanted to call daddy each day after she earned her doll. This picture is when she called her dad. (Can't you just see the excitement in her eyes!!) The best part of the conversation is when she said, "Dad, I just squeezed the poo out of my tummy into the toilet!!" If all kids were this easy to potty train--I could probably have a few more :)
The last Hattie story for the day is a bedtime story. Every night we read our scriptures and say our prayers and then I usually tuck the girls into bed while Russell goes downstairs to tuck the boys into bed. Well for the last couple of weeks Hattie wants me to hold her hand--(yes Russell thinks this is a bad idea--but I usually can't tell that sweet girl no) So I go into her room and hold her hand for maybe 5 minut
es or less and she is sound asleep. So--Monday night it was the ritual that I tucked the girls in and then came out to the computer to check the emails and such when a sweet little voice hollers from her room "Mom, Could you hold my hand" I couldn't resist and I also brought with me the camera so that I could capture the moment. 

1 comments:
Cute stories about Hattie. I am going to have to have you teach me how to blog....with your counter, music, scattered pictures, and fancy background.
Post a Comment