CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brinton's Last Pinewood Derby

Yesterday was the Ward Pinewood Derby. This was Brinton's fourth time to make a car and race it. Russell and I are definately not like the parents in the Down and Derby movie. In the years past he has not made a winning car--so this year we decided to help him make an original, creative car. So I asked him some ideas of what he wanted to do. Then I suggested that he pick a favorite candy and we would recreate the wrapper on the block of wood. He decided that Hubba Bubba would be a great car. So after a while of painting and printing here is what he came up with.


We tried to incorporate Brinton's name on the car as many places as we could.






Then the day of the race. Brinton and his buddies and their cars.


Getting his scientist award.


His car lost a race, won a race, and then lost another race. The best part is that he came home with a smile on his face and proud of his car. And we are proud of him--he did a great job.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I thought his car was soooo adorable. (is that too girly of a term?) I was impressed with how well all the cars did, I think every race was so close this year! I give Brinton the most Chewable Award!!!!

Tina said...

That was an awesome car!

Janae -- Thoughts in Vinyl said...

That car is impressive. I love the picture with Brinton and the car, he is so serious, it made me chuckle.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Amazingly clever! What a good idea to make a fun car that would make him happy regardless of the outcome. I love all the fine print too!

Anonymous said...

That is a great car. Pinewood Derby always does bring mixed feelings for the mom. I'm so glad that kids are so resilient. I'm glad he had such a great last Pinewood Derby.