CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

BUSY WEEK

OK OK I know that you all had busy weeks too--but I feel like it just keeps getting busier and busier. (We don't even have three children in soccer-you know the soccer practices and games) So I really don't know what my problem is but here goes---


So first of all--any time that I am sitting at my computer--which is a lot--because I check my emails, check the new updates on blogs, look for something to cook for dinner, etc...
Little Logan Buddy likes to crawl right under my desk and play with the cords
(yes I spiked his hair that day!!)
Ok now on with the busy week. On Monday-it was a holiday--Russell went hiking with his brother...so the kids and I stayed home and cleaned--then in the afternoon we went over to my parents and I did a little to get ready for the first day of preschool.

Tuesday is such a blur--I don't even know except for the afternoon craziness
Piano at 3:00 - Piano at 3:30 - Gymnastics at 4:30 - Flag football at 5:00

We didn't get home until almost 7 - and we still had dinner to fix, reading, baths, and if anyone would have come to my house they would have never known that I was having preschool in the morning.

Wednesday morning I woke up and luckily I had done some things late night the night before because I was ready for the first day of Preschool. It went great!!! The group of kids that I have this year seem to be good.

After preschool--I packed up a few things and Logan and Hattie and off we went to Grandma Andersons. Grandma and Grandpa had picked corn from the garden. Little did I know how much they had picked. When I got there they had two heaping wheelbarrows full of corn. So we spent about 1 1/2 hour shucking the corn and then we spent the evening cleaning, cooking, and cutting it--then bagging it for the freezer!! (we ended up with 18 DOZEN cobs of corn that day--actually 19 because one dozen was left out to eat fresh)
In between corn and more corn--Hattie had her first day of dance and she LOVED IT!!
Russell and the boys and Breanna and some aunts and uncles went to the fair for the Motorcross racing. They had a fun time.

And to end the day Logan had a couple baths (or distractions so that we could work on corn :) and Hattie need a nice bubble bath too!!
Well you see how this week is going--It was already Thursday
Hattie had playgroup and we had some friends over for lunch and visiting--Brinton had scouts--we mowed the lawn and then I went to bed early due to a migraine YUCK!! (I guess the blessing of the migraine was that I had to slow down a little to get rid of it!!)

And WOW it is Friday already. I spent the day cleaning and putting things away and cleaning out closets--then we ran a few errands. (Bought Logan a toy to help entertain him--but when I got it all put together all he wanted to play with was the banister!!)
Then Russell and I went out on a date we ate out at Carinos YUMMY YUM!! Then we went to the movie Get Smart--it was hillarious. We had a great time.

Saturday was spent doing more chores. Building shelves in the garage and downstairs--Brock had a football game. Logan and I went to a Fisher Price Playdate (we went and played with some new toys out it was fun) Oh yeah and Hattie was sick--so that was not fun. I also spent a couple hours getting a SUPER SATURDAY craft ready to display at church!
So at the end of a busy week and the beginning of another busy week I have decided that when I look back on these moments I will miss mowing the lawn with a baby in one arm and pushing the mower with the other arm. I will miss the kids noise that gave me a migraine. I will miss these busy weeks. I found a quote the other day that I found appropriate and uplifting. It is from the former first lady, Barbara Bush,
"Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change; fathers and mothers, if you have children, they must come first. You must read to your children, you must hug your children, and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House, but on what happens in your house."
So see what we are doing is what matters!! So to all my friends and family--enjoy your kids, enjoy the chaos, enjoy your busy life and BRING ON THE NEXT BUSY WEEK!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl--you make me tired just reading your blog! I have to go, I need to take a nap in your behalf

Jill Jones said...

sgyptSounds like my week! And now we start even more things this week! Ah but life is good!

Christie said...

Hey Joy! We have the same blog background:) Just thought I would tell you my blog address...
www.theboysnme.blogspot.com