So this evening we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Anderson. The kids were watching football and I was playing my mom a game of cards. My mom looked out the window and saw a sheep camp coming down the road very slowly. Then Brinton came in and said that it had pulled over to the side of the road in front of my mom and dad's house. Then we all started wondering if they were herding the sheep...next thing we know we looked out the window and saw all of these sheep. We figure there were approximately 300 sheep. So we all went out front on the porch and watched the sheep dogs herd the sheep past the house.
This is not something you see everyday. The other interesting things are 1. my grandpa and Russell's grandpa back in the day had sheep and 2. back in my day we used to have sheep. I remember waking up in the morning and my dad telling me that a lamb had been born. I also remember feeding the bum lamb --we made a place for them right out side the back door to help keep them warm and then we would get to feed them their milk bottles.
What a fun memory for us today!! It was pretty cool




Friday Thoughts: Midsummer Survival
4 days ago


5 comments:
So you have already done your job by feeding his sheep? Sweet - I guess it's a free lunch for the rest of your life!
That really is fun to see - until you are trying to drive on the same road they are herding on and there is no place to pass or be passed - then it's just kind of annoying.
Agreed, I got caught in the middle of a herd of sheep once. In Tremonton there are lots of sheepherders that bring their sheep from the mountains to their land in Fielding every fall. It is fun to see though. I had a sheep jump over the hood of my car from one side to the other.
That is so crazy. Our kids are going to be mad that they missed it.
SOOOO Totally fun! What an awesome memory making day! Good Job having your camera with you at your parents house!
So that's what Hattie was talking about today! She said something about seeing lots of sheep and I just nodded my head at her, confused! How fun.
Post a Comment