CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

A trip down memory lane

Thanks to Heather this morning I thought I better blog a memory I have. And thanks to my sweet little Breanna this is my memory...

Once upon a time a long time ago.....It was a hot summer day and I was a little girl about the age of 6 I had a friend come over to play. We were having a great time, when all of a sudden we decided it would be a great idea to go to the corner store to buy some candy (if any one knows where my mom and dad live--it is a country road--people drive like 50-60 mph--and it is a little over a 1/2 mile to the corner store--no sidewalks) I am sure that we probably asked my mom if we could go and I am positive that she told us NO but somehow we decided to go to the store, even though she said no. One of us put on a pair of clippy-cloppy shoes and the other one was bare foot. We also somehow convince my little brother who would have been 4 1/2 or 5 to come with us. I remember that the road was so hot that my friend and I had to take turns wearing the shoes so that our feet wouldn't burn. We made it about 1/4 of a mile down the road and that is when I remember my mom driving up--very angry and swatting our butt with a stick as we got into the car. Actually--I do remember that the stick broke when she swatted my brother's butt and then I don't remember getting swatted. I don't remember what happened when I got home--I am sure that my friend had to go home and I had to help my mom do something. OH the days of being a little child and thinking that I could do anything I want!!
(just a note this is not the friend that walked with me to the store--it is just the only picture I could find at my house when I was about 6)
Thanks goes out to Breanna who at the football game asked me about 20 times if she could have a dollar to buy some chips--and the one who had an attitude while she was reading--the one who is grounded from friends today because she had such an attitude I had to ground her. Many times I look at her and see me--but I am glad.......she will grow up to be a great young woman and some day a great mom!!

3 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I LOVE it! Did you ever thank your brother for breaking the stick for you with his tushy? Oh, to be an age where you felt invincible and knowledgeable, and beautiful, and... sigh. Thank goodness we made it though (through no fault of our own) so we can save our own children from the same things our mothers spared us. I hope Brianna grows up to be just like you. We need more wonderful moms in this world!

Anonymous said...

oh so funny! I LOVE the green outfits and unfortunately remember having one very similar of my very own!

Tina said...

She looks so much like you :) I think most of your kids do, but maybe Brock...which is weird because he and Jaden are so similar :)