CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Goodbye old----Hello new!!

So this morning my instructions were to clean out the van, take off the liscence plates, make sure we had the checkbook, (and a calculator), and meet Russell at his office at 9:30 ---Oh yeah, I was also supposed to be showered and have the children ready too!! I took a minute with our van and took one last picture. I have loved this van--we bought it when Brock was 4 months old and it has been great. I did try to break the sliding door one day when I drove into my garage while the door was open and it popped off--luckily it popped back in about as easily as it popped off. But over all it has been a great ride and we have loved it--HOWEVER with baby number 6 coming we just couldn't fit everyone in it and so we had to start looking for another vehicle.
Well we looked at older suburbans and newer suburbans--but wanted one with 9 seats in it. (so the front has a bench so that someone {little} can sit in the middle of the front.) We called and talked to many dealerships and only found about 4-9 seaters from Rexburg to IF. One guy from Taylor Chevrolet kept his eye out for us and last Thursday he called us about this Suburban--he sent us pictures and told us that we could check it out on Saturday. Well Saturday--it wasn't quite ready--so we would have to wait until Monday--Well we had a crazy busy week this week and weren't going to be able to make it to Rexburg--so he brought it down on Tuesday and we drove it--Wednesday we figured out the numbers and Today we brought it home!! I have yet to park it in the garage-- I don't want to scratch it --I will let Russell try to fit it in the garage tonight!! We are excited to have a car that will fit our family!!

8 comments:

JulieJ said...

It is a very pretty vehicle. Congrats. I told Tristan when he wanted to how many kids we were having we should buy a van and when we looked back and it looked full, we were done! I'm hoping that 4 looks pretty full and we don't have to upgrade.

The Freed Family said...

I love it....although it is big and I probably couldn't drive it! :) (Just like I can't see over the shopping cart with a baby seat.) White is one of my most favorite vehicle colors.

Wammack Family said...

Congratulations! That is a nice looking Suburban.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Yeah you! Some day we are going to have to do that because our childrens bottoms are getting bigger and everytime we buckle the back seat kids it ends in a fist fight! Not that more room will probably do anything more than soften the blow because of the distance...

It's hard to leave a mini van because they are so nice and compact and manuverable - I'm like you - can I really drive something THIS big into something THAT tight? YIKES! Good luck - after the first "run in" with the garage and the first spilled fruit punch and the first bike ridden down the side and the first crayola melted into the seat - it will be easier to pull into the garage. Sigh.

Taneil said...

How exciting! So that is how you get a new car....have a new little one? Okay, I guess I will try it out! I wondered what would work for a family of 9. We still have one more seat, so I guess i will have to have to more!!!!lol

Anonymous said...

I love it Joy!

Amberly said...

I am excited you got it! I looked at my van after I talked to you, and the seats really aren't bad. The floor is a different story. I bet the interior color will be just fine with your kids and their capri suns. I love a new car!!

Kris said...

I remember when you bought your van, you where so excited about it. Love the Suburban. That is one sweet ride!