CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And the baby's gender is....

A BOY
Here he is sucking his thumb!!
The wand was only on my belly for about 2 seconds when the technician said to me--
"do you want to know the sex"
I said.."of course"
and he announce the baby a boy.
(he is not shy so I will give you the proof!! Everytime the technician would move the wand around he would announce "yep its a boy he is showing his gender again" It was pretty funny)
So mine and Hattie's intuition was totally off!! I was for sure that the baby would be a girl. I only bought one girl thing--Guess someone who is having a girl will get it. I should have bought one of each color!!
Russell and I were having a discussion with the kids the other night. The boys were saying that they wanted a boy and the girls were saying they wanted a girl and Russell the good dad he is said, "I think it would be great to have a girl to even our family out, but I also think it would be great to have a baby boy so that Logan could have a little buddy to play with."
After he made that comment I started thinking...and as much as I wanted a girl, I decided that a boy would be good for Logan.
The ultrasound was only a few days off of my due date which makes the due date according to the ultrasound Aug 7th which is 2 or 3 days earlier that the doctors date. But hopefully the baby will come after July 24th and before August 1st!!
Now the name game begins (Brinton really wants Andrew) we will have to pull out the book and start searching. I hope it isn't as hard as it was with Logan!!

10 comments:

Tina said...

woohoo! But see, I have rarely been right about babies...I was certin that Hunter and Carson and Q were girls. Ha! The only one I thought was a boy was Tyler, and we didn't find out with him.
PS I have been stalking your blog all day to find out :) Of course it's when I m gone that you post :)

Anonymous said...

How Fun! I am excited for you! Have fun finding a name...

Jenn said...

Congrats Joy! That is so cool you are having a boy. In answer to your question on my blog. Shauna had her baby yesterday, a girl. They named her Ava. I posted some pictures of her on my blog.

Wammack Family said...

Congratulations on the boy! I'm sure that Logan will be glad to not be surrounded by girls.

Nancy J said...

Boys are great! Congrats!

Jody said...

Way fun!!! I wasn't sure about the boy thing until I had one and I dont know if there is anything any funner. Congrats Rigdon and Logan will have a ton of fun. Do I have your email right. I tried to give you permission to look at my blog but it says you haven't responded. Anyhow if I dont have it right let me know and I will update it. It's become more of a journal for Rigdon anyhow. Well congrats again and remember it is really a 50/50 chance he is wrong. It would be super fun if it changed at the last minute. Im excited for you and still trying to decide when I should make the plung again and get pregnant!!! Any suggestion on age spacing???

Kristen Mackrory said...

EXCITING! Congratulations! I am happy for you!

Jill Jones said...

Congrats Joy! Boys are way fun! I can just see the messes Logan and baby are gonna make in a couple years when they are both toddlers! Did your girls handle the news well? Emily cried for a couple hours at Chase's ultrasound!

stoner said...

Congratulations! What a pic--even I could tell without being a technician...whenever they told me I was having a girl and tried to show me...I just took their word for it. It just looked like a fuzzy bunch of nothing to me. :D

How exciting! We are very happy for your family!

Jaylene said...

Joy...it's been a long time. I found your blog on someone else's blog. Your family looks great. Congrats on the boy! Hope everything goes well for you. We have a blog too...
http://gregnjayleneborup.blogspot.com/

Good to hear about your family.