CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Power of One Dollar

So today I ran a couple errands. Breanna came with me. As we passed the parking lot of Petco there was a car out front that had some puppies for sale. Breanna said "Wouldn't it be great if those puppies were only one dollar? I would buy one." I sadly told her that they were probably more like three hundred dollars. Well we drove down the street a little further when Breanna said, "Wouldn't it be great if everything only cost one dollar. Then we could buy one of everything." I guess we have a lot to teach her about money--but on the other hand--wouldn't it be great if everything was one dollar!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! Whenever I tell my kids no because something is too expensive they always ask me well would you buy it if it was only 1 dollar? And we end up having that same conversation! Kids minds must think alike!

The Freed Family said...

There are some things, that even if they were only $1.00, I wouldn't buy....and a puppy is definitely one of those things. :)

Billie said...

I'm with Jana. A puppy for $1 is still too much.

Mrs. KIR said...

way to cute!

Anonymous said...

Living with a kid gives you an amazing perspective. I can't even remember thinking like that. What a cutie. I'd end up with too much junk. They keep us young.

stoner said...

Cute story. There are many things I wish were just a dollar....like crowns at the dentist! It is apparent I am not a little kid anymore. :D

I'm with Billie and Jana...you would have to pay me many dollars to take a puppy. Even then......probably not.

Takara said...

Yep, I wouldn't buy a puppy for a buck either! Ethan always wishes everything was free! What a world that would be!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I'll buy that!