CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

Saturday afternoon my mom came over and helped us dye easter eggs. It was a fun event with only one spill of yellow dye--at least it was yellow and if it did stain the counter and the floor I can't tell.

The eggs turned out great and I think everyone had fun.
Usually our children get their Easter baskets on Saturday and we egg hunt on Saturday, so we can save Sunday for a more spiritual day--(focusing more on the true meaning of Easter and learning more about Jesus) BUT... this year I was not ready--and so the baskets came on Sunday morning. The highlight of the morning was seeing who could hula hoop the best. Definately not mom.

Then for the Sunday clothes picture. All dressed up and ready for church. I had spent all day Friday and most of the day Saturday making the girls their dresses. (on Thursday I had been at Costco and found two adorable pink dresses -matching and very affordable--but knowing I had material at home--I couldn't get myself to buy them--I did have them in my cart for the hour we were shopping but I put them back at the last minute) Anyway, I did end up making the girls dresses. Hattie was hilarious--she wanted the purple dress and I told her that I bought her blue so that it would match her eyes and she very bluntly told me, "well mom, Breanna doesn't have purple eyes!" I was busted. But after Kaylene told her that she looked like Cinderella I think all the woes of having a blue dress went away.


3 comments:

The Freed Family said...

The necklaces on your girls are so cute with those dresses. What cute pictures. We should have gone outside to take ours.

stoner said...

I love...LOVE....your girl's dresses. They look like princesses! You are just too stinking talented! :D

Amberly said...

I love the Easter dresses! They are my favorite!!