We headed for Southern Utah, Saturday morning. I think we made it to Speedi Mart before one of the kids asked if we were in Pocatello yet?? Any time they ask, "are we are there yet?"-- we always answer, "we are getting closer" (we said that alot this trip!!) We made it to Salt Lake and stopped at Orson Gygi (a restuarant supply store), Costco, and of course Cabellas.
This was actually Russell and our family's first time to go to Cabellas. It was pretty cool the kids had a fun time. 

Logan loved the animals.
Then we took the old highway down to Panguitch, Utah. We saw a lot of little settlements, and a lot of deer. It was a nice drive. Then we made it to our motel. We had booked a house with 5 beds. It was a tiny little house and you had to go through the bathroom to get to the bedrooms and then back through the bathroom to get to the kitchen and the other side of the house. The kids loved it. 
Sunday morning we woke up and had waffles YUMMY!
Then in the car again. We went to Bryce Canyon. On the way we drove through a couple tunnels. I always think it is amazing when they make a road through a rock.
Here are are all the kids we were traveling with.
It was pretty cold in Bryce. The wind was blowing hard and it wasn't really very pleasant to take the little hikes and check out the scenery. So we saw what we saw and then we left!!
Then we drove about 1 hour and made it to Zion's. I think the temperature got about 10 degrees warmer within that hour. Which was very nice.
We also drove through a tunnel in Zion's but it was much longer. It was about 3/4 of a mile. They had some cut outs as you went through and you could turn your head and see the beautiful red rocks. It was pretty amazing. We drove up to a hike that was called Weeping Rock--It was a great time to get out and let the kids run some energy out!!
This picture below is under the weeping rock looking out. If you look really close you can see the water specks on the picture. Water was just running off of the rock. 
Logan trying to keep up with the big kids!!


5 comments:
That sounds like a way fun trip. Southern Utah is on our list of trips to do someday.
Hey sounds like you had a great time. We go to Zions alot. Weeping rock hike is one of my kids favorites. YOu should have called us we live in st. george we would have loved to see you guys.
I remember going through there in high school. Those of us houseing exchange students got to go with our student partners on a trip to Disneyland and we went through Bryce and Zion. I can't wait to take our kids someday.
Great pictures! I would love to see Bryce. I bet it was a lot of fun for your family.
My honey and I went to Zion's during the middle of Summer. It was so hot. I tried to walk off the top of Angel's Landing because of dehydration. This would be a great time of year to see it. Did you do many of the hikes?
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Sounds fun, especially the cool house that you had to go through the bathroom to get to the beds. That's the part they'll remember. Why don't I ever think to go to Zions and Bryce. You are a trooper.
Post a Comment