Thursday we took a little day trip with Russell's sister and brother-in-law down to Utah to go and see Wicked. We have had the tickets since October and when I bought them I thought it was very far away. Now it has come and past and I wish that I had more tickets to go again.
When I bought the tickets I had little knowledge of what the show was about other than my sister-in-law had seen it and raved over how good it was. And I did know that it had to do with The Wizard of OZ.
Well, for Christmas I received the CD. I listened to it once and didn't think much of it and then I realized that I better get to know the music. So I put it in the car and pretty much listened to it where ever I was going. It got to be very popular with my kids. They would say, "Could you turn on the Popular song??" They knew that it was number 7--Breanna even had other favorite numbers and would ask me to turn it to her favorite number.
I had figured out most of the story line but knew that I was missing some of the talking and missing some of the details. I would try to get it out of Amy but she would tell me I had to wait for the show.
Well the show was about 2 1/2 hours long and it was so good I probably could have watched for another 3 hours and not known any difference. It was so good!!! It was fun for me to watch and see all the little details that I hadn't figured out come all together. I would definately buy tickets to see it again. I would go on a trip far away just to see it.
We had a great day traveling, eating out, and especially seeing WICKED!!
Friday Thoughts: Midsummer Survival
4 days ago


5 comments:
Looks like a blast. Wish I could have seen while it was so close. Maybe someday.
You make me wish I had kept the tickets while I had the chance to see it so close by. Who knows if I'll ever travel far to see anything! :)
I also TOTALLY loved it! AND as far as traveling goes...ummmm, it palsy in Chicago,and Indi. Come on out and we'll all go together--bring Paul and Ju and we could really have some fun!
I am so jealous! I would love to see Wicked.
It is smart that you listened to the soundtrack and did your homework before you went. It probably made it easier to follow and a richer experience. What fun!
Good for you! It's fun to do something different.
Post a Comment