CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Brinton!! (yes a little late I know)

Brinton was born on April 12th--Easter Morning. It was a surprise to Russell and I because he was three and 1/2 weeks early. When I told Russell that my water had broken and we probably needed to go to the hospital--he was in disbelief. We went anyway--the nurses said to me "oh this is your first baby we will give you a sleeping pill so that you can rest tonight, it will be awhile" (this was at like 10:30pm) I took the pill and they left--Russell snuggled down into the uncomfortable chair--and my contractions continued, I kept on telling Russell and he kept on telling me to go to sleep. By 3am I called the nurses in and they decided that the baby wasn't going to wait until later morning so they called the doctor and Brinton arrived at 4:30am--a whopping 5lb 13 oz 19 inch long baby with tons of black hair!! By mid morning our families came to say hello bringing along Easter baskets.


Since today was the first time since his birth that his birthday is on Easter we made him a Bunny cake. He opened his present and we celebrated with family. It was a fun day.

Brinton has grown alot and is a smart and talented boy. We are grateful that he is in our family and that he is such a good example for his little brothers and sisters. HE is a great piano player, enjoys sports, enjoys motorbikes, and does great in school (especially math).

5 comments:

JulieJ said...

You look so different! The cake is really cute.

stoner said...

You two look like teenagers in your pic--it is great!

We hope Brinton had a great day! What a cute cake!

Joy said...

I probably look so different on account that I have huge glasses on--Oh well it is good to know that I have grown up :)

The Freed Family said...

Wow, that looks like a big cake--and those are some great pictures. You two have both changed.

Anonymous said...

I think Russell looks a lot like Mike with the goatee! How fun!! Tell Brinton a belated Happy Birthday and I'll get his arrow of light board to him sooner or later!!! Hopefully Sooner!!!