Saturday we decided to continue our tradition of getting a real Christmas tree. (It is a new tradition, 2 years ago Russell and the boys went, last year Russell and the three oldest kids went, this year we all went.) It is a great tradition and the children love it. This year instead of taking the four-wheelers we decided to hike instead. So we packed up the van and headed up to Heise. Logan wanted to drive--so we let him :)
We started to hike the trail.
Here is the family half way up the hill. We were surprised that there was snow--but that was an added bonus.
Logan was happy to be outside but had to be held the whole time since he is walking great yet.

After searching and searching, we decided that we could search all day so we found this tree!!
Everyone had a chance to saw for a minute--then dad was the one to call TIMBER
Then we had to drag it out. It was heavier than it looked. Breanna made it a few inches, the boys made it a few feet, and dad drug it the rest of the way. Hattie informed me when we got home that she didn't get a chance to pull the tree (maybe next year).
Then we had to tie it to the top of the van. The whole way home--Russell kept on asking me to check and see if I could see the tree (making sure it didn't blow off the top) WE MADE IT!!




12 comments:
It's so pretty! I love that Logie-pie is so old now that he is driving. The scary thing is that it will happen sooner than we think and I will still be imagining him as a little baby! Congrats on your fresh pine smell!
What a beautiful tree!
Way to go Joy! It is actually a very nice looking tree. Usually the ones cut in the mountains are unique to say the least. I should know.
I do miss that real tree smell. I'll have to buy me a candle. Looks good!
Do you want me to watch Logan on Thursday?
That is a great tree! It's our tradition to get one out of the mountains as well and they usually look a little more on the Charlie Brown side!
If I show Mitch this post he'll be jealous. I still don't know how you got that to fit on the top of your van.
How fun! I would love to do that someday...but my eyes are bigger then my house...
Gorgeous! and sounds like so much fun!
What a fun tradition! We did that when I was a kid and I loved it! It looks like you had a wonderful time!
hi joy!! thanks for the christmas card. what an adorable family you have. five children!!! wow! how blessed can you get. i put a link on our blog to yours. if you come visit our blog you can visit dana's (last name delgadillo). merry christmas. thanks for thinking of us. i think of your guys whenever i drive by your old house. love, debby
p.s. i can't believe you know julie arfmann. i have known her since she was a baby. we are good friends with her parents!! small world, huh?
Post a Comment