CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Cruise--Part 1

Ok-- I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything--but getting home from the cruise with only two days until Christmas was a little crazy, so finally I have a few minutes to sit down and tell you a little about our cruise. This is the travel day and two sea days.



We drove to Utah on Saturday, December 13th and spent the night. Our flight left at 11:00. This is a picture of our departure out of Salt Lake. When we arrived in SanDiego it was comical to see people in their winter coats and scarves--because to us it was very warm and we were taking our coats off and wondering where our flip flops were.








After we got our luggage and transported to the port we got on the boat and started exploring. We grabed some food (to start our week of endless eating!!)








This is as the boat was leaving San Diego.

In the late afternoon we went down for our safety drill. They squished us all in like sardines on the prominade deck to tell us what would happen if we actually had to abandon ship.





Here are some towel creatures left for us each night. With chocolates and our agenda for the next day. (I was always so full--I didn't even eat any of the chocolates while we were on the ship--the kids enjoyed them when we got home)





On the back of the boat there was a giant size chess game. Russell played his dad and then another passenger. (He one the first game and lost the second)
We also spent some time playing golf and sequence while we were gone.



This is Russell in the dining room. (this is a picture at breakfast time) We had the early dinner at 6:00pm and our table was upstairs. It was really yummy food and plenty to choose from--Russell enjoyed fish almost everynight.





This is the mini-golf game on deck 11 (Just a note about the decks--our room was on the 1st floor, Dining was on the 3rd floor, Lido deck {where all the other food was, and the swimming pools} were on level 9, the walking path was on deck 10) We only took the elevator 3 times the whole week.








This is the water slide. I didn't really think it would be that fun--but I tried it anyway and I ended up going down at least 6-7 times. The water was salt water so it was hard on the eyeballs. But fun anyway.








This is Tuesday night. We were out looking for sea life. We ended up seeing some dolphins playing and this beautiful sun set.















That is all for now. I will post about our 3 days at ports of call next.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda makes me want to go on another cruise! Checkin out sexy Russ on the waterslide! Woo Hoo! I always loved the towel animals, and I still miss Gerald (our room guy) making my bed and cleaning my room everyday.
Looks like it was a blast!

The Freed Family said...

Looks and sounds fun. Maybe someday in the far future Mitch and I will go on a cruise.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

How ROMANTIC to watch the sunset over the ocean on the deck of your ship together! Love - exciting and new... come aboard - we're expecting you - THE LOVE BOAT...

Glad you got to go - Welcome aboard it's LOVE!!!