CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cruise--Part 3 (The end of the trip)

Saturday and Sunday were both fun days at sea. We took it easy, slept in an enjoyed the activities they had for us on the ship.

This is the Chip and Dale internet cafe and library where we spent about 1 hour each day for Russell to check his email and work for a little while--and I took a couple turns blogging and checking my email from home (Brinton updated us each day on how they were --except he didn't tell us that he and the rest of the kids had all had the flu)






One of the best parts of the whole cruise a toasted Rueben sandwich, fresh fruit and a lemonade!! I think I ate 4 or 5 of these sandwiches while we were there.







Oh yes and top it off with one or two ice creams a day--you would think that we both gained 10 lbs. The average cruiser gains 10-14 lbs on a 7 day cruise. Well thanks for the stairs and walking around deck 10 most days Russell and I both lost 5 lbs!!!!






This is on deck 9 Lido Deck looking down the atrium to deck 2
This is Pharoah's Palace where all the shows and a lot of the entertainment was. This was the night we played Bingo. and lost at bingo. This is also where we ordered our (virgin) Pina Colada's and our Strawberry Daquiri's!!

This is just a picture of the water outside our room window. I just wanted to remember the blue ocean water.








This is Monday morning waiting to get off the boat. The grey clouds should have told us what we were heading for!! There were two other cruise ships getting into San Diego that morning as well.


This is us waiting IN THE RAIN for our transfer to pick us up and take us to the airport!! We were all drenched by the time he came to pick us up!!
I should have took a picture of us landing in Salt Lake with all of the snow--but at the time it was much too depressing so I didn't!!

We had a wonderful time!! But it is nice to be home....and we will look forward to cruising again sometime.
NOTE: for all of you wondering if I would ever take a trip before Christmas again--the answer is no. I missed all of the little last minute preparations for Christmas and then when I got home I had laundry to catch up on and the two days I did have before Christmas were just a little crazy. I would opt next time to maybe leave right after Christmas!!

6 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Just tell me when and I will be packed and waiting by my front door. Any thing that gets me away from snow - I am all for. I think that I am an Aztec because I worship the sun quite literally the older I get. I'm super glad that you enjoyed the food and entertainment and color of the ocean and... ahhhhh - it almost makes me feel like I am there! Oh, PS. We make a DANG DELICIOUS Reuben. So there. If you ever need to cruise on over here we will whip one up for you! WELCOME HOME!!!

Mrs. KIR said...

Ahhh, I am relaxed just reading about your fun! Glad it was so great for you....and that you missed the kids flu moments:)

JulieJ said...

Looks like a blast! Makes me want to go cruisin again. I enjoyed reading about trip.

Takara said...

Sounds like a lovely holiday! Glad that you were able to go. You'll have to go again with us sometime!!

Anonymous said...

My 20th Anniversary is in 2011 maybe we can plan something then??? Who's up for that!?!

The Freed Family said...

Sounds fun. I can't believe you swam with the dolphins....don't think I'd be brave enough.