CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ouchies--from bikes and fish hooks

In the next post you will hear about Hattie learning how to ride her two wheeler. Well ouchies come with riding two-wheelers! She came in Friday night and had this huge fat lip and a cut inside her lip from falling off her bike. It is healing up along with all the other little ouchies on her knees and elbows!!
Friday night and Saturday the boys had the Father and Son outing. While I was at Breanna's soccer game I got a phone call from Russell (which I assumed would be to let me know he was on his way home) It was to let me know he was on his way home but he was on his way home by way of RediCare. Then he proceeds to tell me that Brock has a fish hook stuck in his nose!! Just the sound of it made my nose hurt!! So I made my way to RediCare to sign him in and wait for them to come. When they showed up I took a quick snapshot. (I wish I would have taken a couple but oh well this will do)

We left Russell and Brock and I took the rest of the kids home. We had lunch and started cleaning the car out. It had been about 1 1/2 hour and I still hadn't heard or seen them so I started to worry--so I called. Russell informed me that they couldn't get the nose numb enough to pull the hook out and so they called the ENT (Dr. Hankes) and he was coming over. I felt like I needed to be a supportive mom so I settled in the children and headed back to RediCare. By the time I got there they were just finishing up. The Dr. ended up having to inject 4 shots to get his nose numb enough and then he had to make a little incision to get the barb unstuck enough for the fish hook to come out. Brock was a brave boy, he held still for them to get it out (there was some screaming and singing involved I hear) Now he is my little fish hook boy!! And he even wants to go fishing again.

1 comments:

stoner said...

Ouch! Poor little Hattie and her swolen lip...she still looks adorable though!

My honey and daughter told me about Brock and it made my nose hurt too. He's a real trooper in that pic--if you didn't know there was a hook, you wouldn't know it was there. Oh the stories he will be able to tell!