CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

COOK, CLEAN, COOK SOME MORE

So I have had 5 extra children at my house since Friday---which means I have been a little busy. I have many things I would like to post about that I just haven't gotten around to yet (dance, gymnastics, fish hooks, ultrasounds, new bikes, etc) Hopefully I will get around to those next week!

We have Nathan and Amy's 4 kids who range from 15 years down to 6 years. And my nephew Jaden who is 8 with us for the week. It really isn't too bad--
I have just had to learn : I can't keep my house clean with all the extra stuff lying around, every bathroom needs stocked up with more toilet paper, I never want to have 10 children of my own, I enjoy my peace and quiet after the kids go to bed (but being it summer I don't have time to rest I just fall asleep), when I get breakfast cleaned up someone asks for a snack or when lunch is, when lunch is cleaned up I have to think about what I need out for dinner to be ready in a reasonable time frame, it takes a lot of food to feed these children who have been playing and who are growing (one morning we ate 24 eggs and a whole loaf of bread and 1/2 gallon of milk, today at lunch we had 4 pkgs of biscuits--for mini-pizzas a bag of salad, 1/2 a watermellon, 4 apples, and a pkgs of strawberries--and I still had children telling me that they were still hungry!!!)

So if you don't hear from me until Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday it is because I am catching up on sleep and cleaning!!

I will just keep remembering that "it's all good"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is a lot of food! You're an awesome aunt!

Mrs. KIR said...

holy bananas girl! Can my kids stop in next week...there are only three of them...?

oh wait...I was not suppose to be thinking of myself at a time like this..although, you do seem capable...

dang, there I go again...

What I mean to say is Girl...do the people near you KNOW how wonderful and giving you are? You amaze me every time I open your blog...I may just have to stop reading:)