I have seen this Husband Tag on a couple other blogs and thought it would be fun to fill out. I didn't answer all the questions only the ones I wanted to!! So it is only appropriate that I fill it out on Russell's birthday!
What is his name? Russell Gordon TaylorNickname? Dad, some one signed to Squirrell on his birthday card from work, another one of his coworkers calls him Peanut Butter, and as a kid he was called Buzz

How long have you been married? 12 years
How long did you date? 5 weeks and then we were engaged.
How old is he? 34 today
How long did you date? 5 weeks and then we were engaged.How old is he? 34 today
Who proposed and how? We had spent some time at his mom and dad's house and they wanted to have a heart to heart with him--so they went into the puzzle room while I sat out in the kitchen and wondered what they were talking about (for what seemed to be 5 hours--it probably was only 45 minutes or so) They all came out with red eyes and kleenexes --then I really started wondering what they had been talking about. Then his mom said to me "You guys should go--you have a lot to talk about" Then I really worried about what they had talked about. We were in the old pickup truck and headed off. We talked about a few things on the way to Rexburg (I don't really remember what we were talking about) then when we got to about Rigby or a little past--Russell turned and looked at me and said "So what do you think? Want to get married??" I said, "Sure"
Who said I love you first? I am not really sure I think it was a mutual thing
Who kissed who first? Russell kissed me--he even asked me if it was ok for him to kiss me. (and a little preface--he had told me that he wasn't going to kiss me unless he knew we were going to get married--so when he did I knew--and background info--he kissed me a couple days before we were at his parents house for the talk)

Who asked who out first? We didn't have a lot of formal dates--just hung out together at his grandmas house
Who eats more sweets? We both love sweets but I would have to say that he eats more than me.
Who is taller? He is by an inch or so--He is 6 feet even
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does
Who is more stubborn? I am-- he is an easy going kind of guy
Who wears the pants? I think at different times and different situations we both wear the pants. I think we do a pretty good job of talking and thinking things over before we make any decisions.
What do you like to do together? We love to go out to eat. We cuddling up on the couch together to watch tv or a movie. We (for the most part) work great together around the house and in the yard. We enjoy spending time with our children.
What are some things he enjoys? He loves (did I say loves) to play tennis. He also enjoys playing basketball (he likes these things so much that he gets up at 5:30 almost every day so he can play one or the other) He also enjoys motorbike riding, hunting, golfing, and traveling.

What does he enjoy doing with the kids? He is game for most things!! He is often found on the floor giving the kids airplane rides with his feet, or in the yard playing football or basketball. He also enjoys an occasional nap as he listens to them read. He plays chess, sorry, and battleship with them. Sledding, motorbiking, fourwheeling, swimming. Coaching basketball, soccer, etc. There are too many things he does with the kids to name them all. He is a great dad!!

I want him to know that I love him!! He is the best husband ever!!! Have a Happy Birthday!!


6 comments:
Oh, such a great tribute to a youngen! I cannot believe he is that old--In my mind he is just the crazy friend my little brother is obnoxious and LOUD with. I don't think I would have ever seen his serious side if not for you--his amazing wife!! Happy B-day Rustle!
Happy Birthday Russ. What a great husband and father! Fun to read! Have a great day Russ!
Happy Birthday Russ. He is a great hubby and dad...all around just a great person.
How come I have never heard the dating and engagement story of 5 weeks?
Yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUSSELL! We love you almost as much as JOY! Oh, and since it is today, Happy Birthday to Logie-Pie too! No way it has been a year already. Time is one crazy thing!
Hey Russell Happy Belated Birthday! And to Logan today too!
Hope you guy had a super day together!
Post a Comment