So today is my birthday and with all of the neighbors and ward members who are pregnant I was thinking about birthing stories, we all have them and talk about them.
Well this is the story that my mom tells me about the day or week I was born. So I was due in June and I came 2 weeks late--and the week that I was to be born my dad was working out of town and the raspberries were on to be picked and if anyone has seen my mom and dad's garden it is huge!! and back in the day there were 4 long rows of raspberries. The day before my mom had spent the day picking berries, I think they (my Grandma and my mom) were make jam or bottle the berries the day of my birth. Well, the morning had passed doing berries and around noon my mom decided that it was time to go to the hospital. So she drove herself-with my grandma with her. Back in the day someone had to admit you to the hospital- my mom wanted to stay down and admit herself but the nurse told her no--so the nurse wheeled my mom up to the room and my grandma stayed back to admit her into the hospital. Before my grandma even made it to the room they called down to the front and told my grandma that she had a new granddaughter. ((I guess I can say I am grateful for preregistration and that our husbands can be with us when we deliver!!)) I have heard this story many times in my life and am grateful to my mom for all that she has done for me over the years. And maybe the raspberries the day I was born attributes to my love of raspberries.
I am grateful to all of my friends and family who make this day so special for me each year!! I think today will be no different!!
Friday Thoughts: Midsummer Survival
4 days ago


4 comments:
Great story. You are a lot like your mom (except for the 2 weeks late part)....you are tough, hardworking, a great gardner and canner, you want to do everything for yourself.
Happy Birthday Joy!
I'm glad they don't let women go two weeks late anymore. Hope you have a great birthday.--Julie
Happy Birthday Joy!! I hope you have a great day. You're awesome! :)
Post a Comment