Yesterday Breanna turned 6 years old!! We have had quite the birthday cakes this year and so a couple weeks ago I asked Breanna what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. She went to her room -- found a Little Pet Shop monkey and said, "this is the kind of cake I want". So I had a few days to contemplate it. Well I wanted to make it so that the body was underneath and the head was round and on top of the body--but I wasn't quite sure how to construct it. Anyway this is how the cake turned out. I think it turned out pretty good (they monkey is in the corner of the picture) --however when I put the flesh colored foodcoloring in-- I added a little more than I should have--so the monkey face turned out darker than it should have. Overall I think it turned out pretty good.
After spending the morning making the cake, it was finally time to take Breanna somewhere for her birthday, so we went down to the NailSpa--she and Hattie got their fingernails painted. Then we headed to the movie theater to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (We have been waiting a while to go and see this movie) It was great.
When we got home we ate pizza, Breanna opened her presents from us, and then our family and friends came over to help celebrate by singing and eating cake and icecream.




3 comments:
that cake is amazing---you are amazing! I love it and wish I could be that creative to just comtemplate some amazing cake and then be able to do it! good job and happy b-day Brenna!
Oh Joy that is soooooo cute you did a great job! You thought that one through for a while I imagine. Another thing that makes me wish I was more like you!
Tammie
The cake turned out great. You continue to amaze all of us. Sorry we missed the birthday party that night...we didn't get the message till after 10.
Post a Comment