So the other night for Family Home Evening it was my turn to teach the lesson. I searched for awhile and came across an Armor of God lesson. It was a great lesson for us because we wanted to talk to the kids about being prepared and able to stand up for what they believe. Well, I found some things around the house that would work for the armor. gird up your loins--apron, breast plate of righteousness- duck tape vest, feed shod with preparation- dad shoes, shield of faith- lid, helmet of salvation-motorbike helmet.
So I first got out the nerf gun and some darts. I had Logan stand and I started shooting them at him. He didn't like that much, even though it didn't hurt him he still didn't like it. Then I started telling them about the Armor of God. As I told them about each part, I dressed Logan in that piece. When we were done dressing him, I got the nerf gun out again and started shooting fiery darts at him. This time the darts reflected off of his shield, helmet, etc.
Friday Thoughts: Midsummer Survival
4 days ago


1 comments:
Great Lesson!!! I love it when it clicks!!!
Post a Comment